This is a good and different way than usual to prepare freshwater fish. I used the European Perch but you can use also the zander or a trout or a pike for example. And also sea fish obviously, for example it can be great with swordfish.
In this case I prepared some fresh “fusilli al ferretto” (actually it was my first try with this type of pasta), but also tagliatelle can be fine (and if you prefer you can add also one egg to the dough, reducing the water). Or you can use some dry pasta if you are in a hurry 🙂
Let’s see the ingredients.
INGREDIENTS (4 people):
For the fusilli:
- 150 g of durum wheat semolina (semola rimacinata)
- 100 g of normal white flour
- warm water, about 130 ml (you’ll see)
- a pinch of salt
For the sauce:
- 2-3 zucchini (2 if larger, 3 if small)
- 300-350 g of European perch fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil, a generous amount
- the juice of half lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Colatura di alici (in alternative you can use a couple of anchovy fillets)
- 1 bunch of parsley
- First of all you have to prepare the pasta: sift the flours, add the salt and add the warm water and work it until you obtain a dough. Then keep working it for some minutes until smooth and stronger. Then cover it with a plastic wrap and let it rest for about 30 minutes.
- After that time flatten the dough at about 2-3 mm thick, cut some short tagliatelle and make the fusilli. To explain with words it’s not easy, watch for example this video. (Or as I said you can simply do just tagliatelle).
- Not prepare the sauce. Take a large pan and heat the extra virgin olive oil, 4-5 spoons. When hot enough add the clove of garlic and the chili.
- Meanwhile cut the zucchini into cubes and add them to the oil. Let it cook at medium heat for 10 minutes.
- During these 10 minutes cut the fish fillets into small cubes and in a small bowl prepare an emulsion using the Colatura di alici, the lemon juice and 3-4 spoons of extra virgin olive oil. Add the emulsion to the pan, mix, and add also the fish. Remove the garlic.
- Let it cook other 5 minutes and then put the pasta in a pot with boiling salted water. In few minutes (2-3) the fresh pasta will be ready. When it’s floating try it, then drain it and put it in the pan with the sauce. Mix well all together and add the fresh parsley. If you want you can add some ground black pepper too and even some fresh lemon skin (not treated) to add extra freshness.
- Serve it and enjoy 🙂