This is one of my favorite creams to spread on a good bread, as appetizer or also as a simple but delicious dinner, next to some other fresh vegetables for example 🙂
It’s very common in southern Italy, but not only, and from region to region is possible to find it with different aromatic herbs, personally I like it with mint, but also with basil is very good too.
It’s very easy to do, all you need is good quality ingredients (as always! 😀 )
- 3 eggplants of about 300g each
- extra virgin olive oil, 3/4 tablespoons (I don’t know exactly, I measure always with my eyes 😀 )
- 1 clove of garlic, not too big
- 4/5 leaves of fresh mint
- the juice of half lemon, a small one (also a bit less than half, it’s up to you)
- First of all, wash the eggplants, dry them and put them in the oven on a foil of baking paper, at 180 °C for about 50 minutes (the whole eggplants).
- When they are cooked, cut them in half and with a spoon remove the pulp (take care not to burn your fingers 🙂 ), then put the pulp on a colander and squeeze it until all the liquids are out.
- Now, in a mixer (or with an immersion blender) put the pulp and the garlic (you can squeeze it before), and start mixing together, adding the oil slowly, then the mint, the salt and the pepper, and at last the lemon juice.
- When you obtained a smooth and homogeneous cream, well, it’s ready to eat 🙂 Easy, wasn’t it?
If you manage not to eat it all in one day ( 😀 ), then you can keep it in the fridge for 2/3 days, covered with a clingfilm or in a hermetic kitchen box.
Calories (average man): 25′ running / 35′ cycling / 50′ wood cutting 😀
Calories (average woman): 35′ running / 45′ cycling / 1h10′ wood cutting 😀