The Seabass is one of the most appreciated fish, and there are reasons why 😀 It’s very tasty, its flesh is firm and the fillet is boneless, it’s perfect for everyone 🙂
This is a very easy and fast recipe, so we can do it whenever we want!
All we need are few ingredients: the fillets of a Seabass (if you can’t do it yourself, ask your fishmonger to make fillets for you), the olives (I like to use olive taggiasche/cailletier, they are smaller but sweeter and more juicy, and they are simply perfect for this kind of recipes, you can usually find them in jars in extra virgin olive oil or in brine), the pine nuts and the thyme (or also marjoram, rosemary or sage if you prefer).
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 2 fillets of Seabass (from a fish of 600-800 g)
- 50 g olives (possibly taggiasche/cailletier, otherwise black olives can be ok), count 15/20 for each fillet
- 20 g pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil, 2-3 table spoons
- 1 clove of garlic
- chili (if you like it)
- Take a pan and heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the garlic and the chili (just a little bit).
- Take the fillets and season with a bit of salt (if you have rock coarse salt in a grinder is better), then remove the garlic from the pan and lay the fillets inside, on the skin.
- At the same time take another small pan and put the pine nuts to toast at medium heat.
- Cook the fillets on the skin side for about 4/5 minutes at medium heat, then turn them on the other side (take care not to break them, use a spatula for example), add the olives and keep cooking for other 3/4 minutes. Don’t cook it longer, the fillets have not to be dry inside.
- Once the fish is ready add the thyme on it.
- Serve it, add the pine nuts and in this case I added also some black salt as decoration/contrast (so it’s not pepper what you see 🙂 in this case I also used less salt at the beginning).
- Next to it you can have potatoes or the vegetables you prefer 🙂 It was easy, right?Enjoy!