Today I’m showing a very easy and simple recipe, but which is very good 🙂
It’s not something you are going to find in restaurants, it’s just an easy food to prepare during a week day. My mom used to prepare this dish to me quite often for lunch when I came back from school 🙂
Then for years I think I didn’t eat it, or very rarely, but some months ago I don’t know why it suddenly appeared in my mind and I thought “hey, why I didn’t prepare that since so long time?” 😀 so now I’m doing it again sometimes 🙂
Let’s see what you need.
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 240 g of canned tuna (3 small cans, drained it will be less)
- 250 g of peas
- 200 ml of tomato sauce (or a spoon of triple tomato concentrate diluted is some little hot water or vegetable broth)
- 1 small onion, or half of a big one
- 1 chili
- 1 bunch of parsley
- extra virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons about
- freshly ground black pepper
- First of all take a pan and heat the extra virgin olive oil. When it’s hot enough add the onion (finely chopped) and the chili and let it cook gently at low heat for about 10 minutes, until soft. If the peas are frozen then at the same time you can start for example to cook them in steam, it takes just few minutes.
- When the onion is soft add the tomato sauce and set the heat on medium. Let it cook 5-6 minutes at medium heat to make the sauce a little bit thicker. Add already some salt.
- Then add the peas and let it cook other 3-4 minutes, just to mix the flavors together.
- In the end add the canned tuna (if the tuna was canned in some oil drain it well from it before cooking it). Control if it’s salted enough, add some freshly ground black pepper and the finely chopped parsley. Mix together and in just few more minutes it’s ready.
- Serve it and add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Simple but good 🙂 oh, make sure to have a slice of good bread next to it, you will like to clean the bottom of the dish 😀
PS: if you would like to add even more freshness, then you could try with very few leaves of fresh mint too.