Broccoli is another very good and healthy vegetable of this season which I really like to use.
You can eat it as a side dish, usually boiled, but you can make also some very good pasta recipes, like this one 🙂
It’s very simple and you need few ingredients.
Let’s see how to make it.
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 200 g short pasta (rigatoni, penne, fusilli, etc.)
- 250-300 g of broccoli (the weight of the edible part, without the harder stalk)
- 2-3 anchovy fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- freshly ground black pepper
- First of all wash the broccoli, then divide the edible part from the stalks (but don’t throw these ones away, you can use in some vegetable stock or in the water where we will boil the pasta).
- Take a pot and boil the water (2 liters about), with salt. When the water is boiling add the broccoli and boil them for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile take a pan, heat a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic and a little bit of chili. When the garlic got some color remove it and add also the anchovy fillets.
- Drain the broccoli and pour them in the pan with the oil, and cook them for other 8 minutes about, at medium/low heat.
- While the broccoli are cooking put the pasta to boil in the water where you have boiled the broccoli. You can add also the broccoli stalks if you want.
- Take an immersion blender and reduce the broccoli into a cream (but keep some for decoration, maybe a bit earlier when they still have a good texture to bite). If it’s too thick add some boiling water and/or more extra virgin olive oil. Add also some ground black pepper and salt if needed. Then put the cream back in the pan.
- When the pasta is ready drain it and add it to the cream. Mix well together, add a couple of tablespoons of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and mix again well.
- Serve it, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of extra Parmigiano Reggiano if you would like.
- Enjoy 🙂
Products used in this recipe:
Pasta: Rigatoni from Pastificio Gentile