Cauliflowers, broccoli, Romanesco broccoli they are very good and healthy vegetables, so I like to use them 🙂 also because I like them 😀
Usually I simply steam/boil them and eat as a side dish, not long ago I made also a very good Quiche. But this time I want to show a very good recipe with pasta.
To have a really interesting and tasty result I use anchovy and also some Parmigiano. If you want to make it vehan/vegetarian skip these ingredients, but the final result is going to be different 😉 I suggest to use them for a very good flavor.
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 180-200 g Paccheri (but also rigatoni, maccheroni, penne can be good)
- half cauliflower (not too big), even less
- Romanesco broccoli (count a handful of its florets per person)
- 2 anchovies fillets
- 1 clove of garlic
- dry white wine, just a little
- extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- fresh parsley
- First of all wash the vegetables. Then cut them into florets and boil them in salted water for about 10 minutes. The Romanesco broccoli have to be cooked but be still crunchy.
- Meanwhile take another pot and start boiling the water for the pasta (Paccheri usually take longer time to cook, also 17/18 minutes, so you can start to put them in salted boiling water already when the cauliflower and Romanesco broccoli are boiled).
- After the 10 minutes keep the Romanesco broccoli aside (keep also the water for later) and put instead the cauliflower in a pan, where you have meanwhile already heated some extra virgin olive oil with one clove of garlic (remove it when it gets some color) and the anchovies fillets. Add also the white wine. Cook at medium heat, covered, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Then take an immersion blender and make a cream with the cauliflower and its sauce. Add some freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano (not too much), some fresh extra virgin olive oil and some of the water you used to boil the vegetables, until you obtain a nice cream, not too thick and not too liquid. Then put the sauce back to the pan.
- When the pasta is boiled, drain it and put it in the pan. Mix it well to the cauliflower sauce, add the Romanesco broccoli florets and for last the fresh parsley.
- Serve it, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some more grated Parmigiano Reggiano if you would like. Enjoy 🙂
Pasta: paccheri from Pastificio Gentile