Here I am with another simple but very good recipe 🙂 Moreover the mackerel it’s also a fish with a good price, usually, and like all the oily fish of this kind it’s very rich of Omega-3, so it’s definitely a healthy ingredient.
All we have to do is to let it marinate for a while in the fridge, and then simply grill it (the best is over a fire, but also in a grill-pan it’s fine).
Let’s see how to make it!
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 300-400 g of mackerel fillets (in this case it was a larger mackerel of about 950 g, so I used a bit less than the whole fish because we were not too much hungry, and with the remaining fish I prepared later a very good pasta 🙂 )
- extra virgin olive oil
- half glass of dry white wine
- fresh rosemary and sage leaves
- 1 clove of garlic
- freshly ground black pepper
- First of all you have to clean the fish from its blood, and then cut the fillets.
- Take a pan large enough, add a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil, the white wine, the rosemary and sage, the sliced clove of garlic, some salt, mix all together and then place the fillets inside, spreading the marinade on both sides. Cover with a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After that time take out the fish from the fridge, remove it from the marinade and dry it well with kitchen paper. Then make some light parallel cuts on the skin.
- Now heat the grill-pan (or prepare the fire earlier 🙂 ), then spread a little bit of extra virgin olive oil on the mackerel skin, season with some salt and start cooking it at medium heat: for a normal size mackerel should be enough 6-7 minutes on the skin side and other 3-4 minutes on the other side. For larger fillets like in this case it took 10 minutes on the skin side and 5-6 minutes on the other side.
- Serve it with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and some freshly ground black pepper, and the vegetables you prefer, that’s all 🙂