As I already said other times, I love octopus 🙂 but also the small octopus are nice too and they can be perfect in this simple recipe with pasta, it’s really a summer recipe.
The recipe can be maybe either with small octopus or with musky octopus (you can recognize them because the musky octopus has only one row of suckers)
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 200 g linguine (or spaghetti)
- 250 g small octopus or musky octopus
- 200-250 g fresh tomatoes
- a tablespoon of taggiasche olives
- half glass of dry white wine
- 1 clove of garlic
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley
- freshly ground black pepper
- First of all clean the octopus (remove the beak, etc.).
- Take a large pan and heat the extra virgin olive oil with the garlic. When the garlic gets some color remove i, then add the octopus. Cook at medium heat 4-5 minutes, then add the white wine and keep the heat high until reduced.
- Then add the tomatoes, season with some salt and cover, simmer at medium/low heat. After 10 minutes add the olives and keep cooking for other 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile boil the pasta.
- When the octopus are ready and quite soft, and the pasta cooked, drain the pasta and pour it in the pan with the sauce, add a ladle of its boiling water and stir at medium heat. Add fresh parsley and black pepper.
- Serve it, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and enjoy 🙂
3 Comments Add yours
Reblogged this on Crackling Pork Rinds.
Summer on a plate! I love octopus, too, big or small.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Exactly 🙂 thank you!