I use to cook the fillet of the Zander in the pan, but this is a recipe that sometimes I like to do and in this case the fillet is going to be baked.
It’s more common to see recipes of fish with toasted almonds, but also walnuts sometimes can be an interesting choice.
It’s a very simple recipe, and to make it it’s very easy.
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 1 Zander fillet with its skin, from a fish of about 1/1,2 kg
- 50/60 g of walnuts
- extra virgin olive oil, 3 table spoons about
- 1 clove of garlic
- lemon juice
- aromatic herbs
- First of all pre-heat the oven at 180 °C, static mode.
- Take a baking pot, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil on the bottom and lay the fillet inside and season it with salt.
- Now cut the walnuts with a knife, you don’t need to cut them too much small.
- Then put the walnuts in a bowl and add the oil, the garlic (crushed or sliced, how you prefer), add some lemon juice (not too much) and the herbs (I used rosemary, sage and thyme). Mix it well together and with a spoon spread it on the fish, covering the whole fillet.
- Put it in the oven and bake for about 20/25 minutes (it depends on the size).
- Serve it with some potatoes, salad or the vegetables you prefer 🙂