Here it is again one of my favorite dish to prepare for a simple and fast dinner 🙂
I have already wrote a post about Frittata with Spinach, so now we will see the one made with onions 🙂 I used red onions in this case, but you can do it with the onions you prefer.
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 5 eggs
- 2 red onions
- a little bit of fresh chili (optional)
- 40/50 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano (or Pecorino if you prefer a stronger taste)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Break the eggs in a bowl, beat the yolks with the egg whites, season with salt and pepper and add the grated cheese, and mix everything together, not for too long time.
- Then cut the onion in slices. I prefer not to cut it too small.
- In a large pan put the oil, and when it’s hot enough add the onion and the chili, and let it simmer at low heat until the onion is soft, at least 10 minutes.
- When the onion is soft, remove the chili and put it in the bowl of the eggs, mix it fast and drop the whole back in the pan.
- Cook at medium heat and cover the pan, and with a fork do some cuts into the cooking eggs, so that the top liquid part goes down and cook better and faster. By lifting the sides with a spatula control that the bottom doesn’t burn.
- When everything looks cooked enough/no more liquid (about 7/8 minutes), take a large dish, put it on the pan and then turn it upside down very fast and put it back in the pan on the other side (or if you are good enough, you can make it jump in the air ). Cook it for other few minutes, 4/5 minutes.
- Turn it again upside down on the dish and serve it. It’s perfect just like that, or next to some good salami, ham, pancetta, lardo, etc…in the photo below I ate it next to a good pancetta arrotolata (rolled pancetta) and some Parmigiano Reggiano…they matched perfectly together for an easy dinner! 😛 add also a good beer, and the dinner is perfect 😀