With my big surprise, deliciouslynell has nominated me for a “Blogger Recognition Award” 🙂 Thank you Nell! Keep up the good work you are doing 🙂
It’s not an Oscar 😀 but being nominated by someone else it’s always a honor and it means that your works/thoughts/posts are being appreciated by someone else out there 🙂 and it’s a nice sign that between other bloggers there is friendship and not competition 🙂
It’s more like a game, and these are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their web.
- write a post to show your award.
- give a short story of how your blog started.
- give 2 pieces of advice for new bloggers.
- select 15 other bloggers that you would like to nominate.
- comment on the blogs and let them know that you have nominated them, and make sure you provide a link to the post you made about it.
1. Done 🙂
2. I’m doing it now 😀
3. My blog started as a game, and it’s still a game 🙂 I wanted just to share my ideas about food, the things I know and the things I learnt in these years, and of course what I cook, and my wife was supporting in that 🙂 At the moment it’s just a hobby, something that makes even more nice the cooking part, an extra step after enjoying the food I make, and if it can be useful for other people then why not 🙂 I’ve been always passionate about good food, I’ve been always curious about searching for the best ingredients and learning the differences between ingredient and ingredient, and how to recognize the differences of quality. In few words I always liked to know and learn as more things as possible about food, and I think that sharing all my passion it’s a pleasant part of it.
4. I don’t think I can give many advices, I’m blogging since less than one year and it’s not my profession, but I think that to make an interesting blog (about food) you should just simply write about yourself, your culture and the cultures you maybe embraced during your life. Write about what you really know, about your family recipes, your homeland recipes, try to cook as better as you can, try to go deep in details (details make the difference, always, don’t be generic but try to be specific always, try to talk about the ingredients you use, keep the quality in the first position, if it’s a traditional recipe write about its background history, etc. in my opinion these things are very interesting, and they can teach more than a recipe itself).
Avoid to copy other blogs, avoid to follow too much the “fashions” and all those countless new “magic diets”: it can maybe pay, but I don’t like it and I’m not interested, and you risk to be just one of the many.
Be yourself, and show what you like 🙂 in that way you will always have new things to show and to write about.
And try to communicate and engage with other bloggers, this will help you to get known, you can find maybe some new friends, and recognizing other people’s hard work will be always appreciated.
5. These are the bloggers I nominate, I follow them and they are all interesting for various reasons:
3 Comments Add yours
Thank you Graziano, for the nomination! I highly appreciate it. I’m sorry that, due to lack of time, I don’t participate in the awards scene. I enjoyed reading your answers. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you for thinking of my blog, even if I’m sure I’ve done this one before. The best part about these type of things is the list of new blogs to visit and I look forward to reading several of them.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes, I agree 🙂