I think almost everyone have an apple cake recipe, and if they are made with good quality ingredients they are all good 🙂 the apple cakes are those cakes that make us think to the “grandmother cakes”, they are probably the more “homey” of the cakes and they are usually quite easy to make.
And they are always good to eat at any time 🙂
So here it is one of my favorite recipes about apple cakes: I have some others too, also another very good with walnuts together with the apples, and others with less butter, but I’ll start showing this one which is very tasty, with its flavor of apple enriched by the natural vanilla and the cinnamon and just a little bit of rum 🙂 it’s absolutely not dry and it’s not too much moist, just perfect 🙂
This is definitely not a highly technical recipe, not at all, but often the simple things when well executed reveal to be very satisfying 🙂 and it’s very easy to remember, as you can see in the numbers.
INGREDIENTS (for a 28/30 cm cake pan, big):
- 300 g flour
- 300-350 g apples (about)
- 300 g sugar
- 250 g butter, melted
- 300 g eggs (about 6 medium size eggs or 5 big size)
- 20 ml of dark rum
- 7 g of dry yeast
- 1 vanilla bean
- half teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- a pinch of salt, 2 g
- First of all peel the apples and cut them into small pieces, about 1-2 cm. Then pour some lemon juice on them, so they will not get darker.
- Now add in a large bowl the eggs, the sugar, the salt, the rum and the vanilla (cut the bean and remove all the pulp using a knife). Take the electric whisker and whisk all together for about 15 minutes: it has to incorporate air and grow.
- Now sift 2 times the flour with the cinnamon and the dry yeast, and add it slowly to the eggs.
- When flour and eggs are well mixed together, add the melted butter, mix well everything again, and then add the apple cubes.
- Take a 28 cm cake pan and pour the whole inside, spread it homogeneously inside the cake pan.
- Bake it at fan-assisted mode, at 170 °C, for about 40-45 minutes (every oven is different, so you have to control).
- When it’s ready, let it cool down and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
The smell is wonderful 🙂
PS: If you have a smaller cake pan just reduce the quantities: for a 24 cm pan count about 30/40% less ingredients.