After having posted a recipe with pistachio pesto and dried tomatoes, here it is another easy and fast recipe, where this time the pistachio pesto is paired with a very good mortadella, a classic and perfect match 🙂
INGREDIENTS (2 people):
- 180 g penne
- 100 g pistachio pesto (about 60% pistachio, 40% extra virgin olive oil, salt)
- 80 g mortadella
- half clove of garlic
- freshly grated ricotta infornata (Parmigiano it’s also fine)
- First of all prepare the pesto with a blender. You can use green pistachio or toasted, depending on your taste, but they have to be unsalted.
- Start boiling the pasta. Meanwhile cut also the mortadella into small slices (or small cubes if you prefer).
- Take a pan and gently heat the pistachio pesto, at low heat, and add also the minced garlic and just in the last couple of minutes also the mortadella.
- When the pasta is cooked al dente drain it and pour it in the pan, add some of the boiling water to help the creaminess, mix together.
- Serve it, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated ricotta infornata (or ricotta salata, but also Parmigiano Reggiano if you can’t find the others). Enjoy 🙂
Pasta: penne Afeltra
Mortadella: artisanal mortadella of Silvio Scapin, made from Mora Romagnola pork